To enhance its health and safety performance the Company adopted the Occupational Health and Industrial Safety Policy, which is focused on the following objectives:
- Support and continuously improve the occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system and the industrial safety management system
- Ensure compliance with statutory, international and other regulatory requirements applicable to the Company’s operations
- Foster a safety culture where every employee of the Company understands and assumes responsibility for their own safety and the safety of people around them
- Design and implement preventive measures to minimize risks to health and improve workplace conditions
- Develop and put in place a set of technical and technological measures to support accident-free and safe operation of equipment
- Consistently raise the qualification level of the personnel and their safety competences
- Increase responsibility of managers of all levels for performance on occupational health and industrial safety.
The Company’s facilities are audited on an annual basis for conformity to OHSAS 18001. All entities annually confirm their compliance with this international standard. The company's enterprises are working to implement the ISO 45001 standard.
Preparation for the international Steel Safety Day, held under the auspices of the World Steel Association, became a tradition at TMK’s plants. As a result of its implementation, there was a decrease in overall injury rates in all Divisions of the Company.
A campaign to identify, remove or reduce safety risks at workplaces to an acceptable level is held on a regular basis. For this purpose, the best practices in the field of occupational health and safety are being implemented. The experience of heads of occupational health and safety services is exchanged at annual meetings.
Entities of the Russian division adopted an occupational safety system provided for a Special Health and Safety Assessment (SHSA). As a result, we were able to assess the actual workplace conditions of our employees and take measures to improve them where necessary.
A significant resources are allocated to implement occupational and industrial safety measures, including to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, purchase personal protective equipment, special clothes and footwear, and run a disease prevention program.
As a result of all these efforts the Company’s entities reduced their overall injury rates, reported zero cases of group accidents and emergencies, while the level of occupational diseases remained consistently low.
A number of TMK’s entities annually receives awards for their achievements in occupational safety.