Who we are
TMK is one of the world’s leading producers of tubular products for the oil and gas industry. Since 2009 it has been ranked first in the world by volume of pipes shipped. In 2018, TMK’s pipe shipments totaled 4.01 million tonnes.
The Company operates more than 20 production sites in Russia, the U.S., Canada, Romania, Oman and Kazakhstan. TMK has the world’s largest steel pipe production capacity, with the largest share of sales dedicated to oil country tubular goods (OCTG).
TMK enjoys strong market positions in the seamless OCTG segment. In 2018, our sales represented approximately 15% of the worldwide market for this pipe. The company is a national leader in Russia with 24% market share, including 63% of the seamless OCTG market. TMK is focused on meeting the demands of the global oil and gas industry, which makes up approximately 78% of the Company's customer base.
TMK’s clients include leading oil and gas companies, such as Shell, ENI, Total, ExxonMobil, Occidental Petroleum, ONGC, Saudi Aramco, Anadarko, Marathon, Rosneft, Gazprom, Transneft, Lukoil and other global oil and gas companies.
The Company’s major presence in the global market is secured by the extensive sales network that covers virtually all main global oil and gas production regions: the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Russia and the CIS, Europe, the Middle East, North and Sub-Saharan Africa and South-East Asia. TMK supplies products to more than 80 countries worldwide.
The Company's shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange as well as on Russia’s MICEX-RTS trading floor.
More About TMK
TMK plants produce almost the entire range of existing pipes used in the oil-and-gas sector, the chemical and petrochemical industries, energy and machine-building, construction and municipal housing, shipbuilding, aviation and aerospace, and agriculture.Find out more
- OCTG - Oil Country Tubular Goods - (seamless and welded); these are drill pipes, well casings, and tubing used in the drilling, equipping, and operation of oil and gas wells;
- Line pipe (seamless and welded); used for infield pipelines, to deliver crude oil and natural gas from fields to refineries, storage tank farms, loading terminals and distribution points;
- Seamless industrial pipe; used in machine-building, hydraulics, boiler and process equipment, in the chemical industry and in the production of bearings;
- Large-diameter welded pipes. This product range is used in the construction of trunk pipeline systems for the long-distance transportation of natural gas, crude oil and petroleum products;
- Welded industrial pipe; commodity product used in the construction, utilities and agricultural sectors. TMK pipes are manufactured from carbon, stainless, and heat-resistant steels, titanium and nickel alloys.
Read more in the Products sectionPipes sold in 2018 (thousand tonnes)
Total 4,010 Seamless pipes 2,767 Welded pipes 1,243
TMK consistently strives to ensure that its activities respect best practices in the global standards of financial openness and transparency. This approach promotes the Company’s credibility in the eyes of investors, partners and state authorities.Find out moreThe main principles of corporate governance:
- shareholders should fully participate in the management of the Company through shareholder meetings;
- shareholders should share in the Company’s profits;
- shareholders should benefit from high liquidity levels for stock transactions;
- corporate conduct shall provide timely disclosure of full and true information about the Company, including its financial status, economic indicators, and the ownership and management structure, in order to provide shareholders and investors with the ability to make well-founded decisions in a timely manner;
- the Board of Directors, who is accountable to shareholders, is responsible for the strategic management of the Company and exercises effective control over the activities of the executive bodies of the Company;
- the Board of Directors shall decide the strategic decisions of the Company and exercise effective control over the financial and economic activities of the Company;
Read more on our corporate governance page
TMK's social policy is founded on the principles of balancing the Company's and people's interests, local regulatory compliance, respect for human rights, non-discrimination, cooperation with trade unions and public organisations at TMK plants under annually renewed collective agreements.Find out moreTMK is engaged in a wide variety of social programmes and provides social benefits and guarantees to its people:
- Medical insurance, health services, maintenance of healthcare facilities and subsidised treatments at health resorts;
- Social support to TMK employees' families, like sending children to kids resorts and carrying out housing programmes;
- Financial aid to veterans and retirees;
- Support to TMK corporate sports teams, sports and cultural events, and implementing youth programmes;
- Special housing programmes for employees, including construction of apartment and individual houses in TMK plants regions, and mortgage programmes guaranteed by TMK plants
Read more in the Responsibility section